British National (Overseas) Visa

British National (Overseas) Visa


If you are from Hong Kong, looking to work or study in the UK for up to 5 years, youcan apply for the BNO Visa.


You can apply for the BNO Visa at any time. 

After the application is made, it usually takes up to 12 weeks for UKVI to make a decision.


You can apply for this visa if you are within or outside of the UK. However, if you apply from outside the UK, your permanent home must be in Hong Kong. 


The BNO visa allows you to work(not as a professional sportsperson or sports coach), and study in the UK. You can apply to stay for the duration of either 2 years and 6 months, or for 5 years. The main requirements are that you are a British National (overseas), 18 years or older, and that your permanent home is within Hong Kong, or within the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man. 

Your family members can also apply for this visa, if eligible. Usually, they will have to apply at the same time as you.

What KTS Legal?

At KTS Legal, we will assist you with drafting and submitting a comprehensive application that satisfies all of the immigration rules for a BNO visa. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us on: 0208 367 0505 or write to us on