Government Authorised Exchange Visa

Government Authorised Exchange Visa


If you want to come to the UK for a short period of time for work experience, training or other approved government authorised exchange schemes, you may be eligible to apply for this route.


You can apply for this visa up to 3 months before the date you are due to start working in the UK, which can be found on your Certificate of Sponsorship or possibly your offer of employment. When applying from outside the country you will usually receive a decision within 3 weeks, and if you are applying from within the UK you will usually get a decision within 8 weeks. You may be able to pay for a faster decision.


You can apply for this route both from outside and inside the UK.


You must have a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) that has been assigned to you by an organisation running an approved exchange scheme, a higher education institution or a government department or agency. You will also need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK or that your employer has certified your maintenance. If your application is granted, you will be able to stay in the UK for either 12 months or 24 months, depending on the scheme you have applied for.

Why KTS Legal?

At KTS Legal, we will assist you with drafting and submitting a comprehensive application that satisfies all of the immigration rules for a Government Authorised Exchange visa.