Minister of Religion Visa

Minister of Religion Visa


If you have been offered a job within a faith community as a minister, missionary, member of a religious order etc, then you may be eligible for this route.


You can apply for this visa up to 3 months before the date you are due to start working in the UK, which can be found on your Certificate of Sponsorship or possibly your offer of employment. When applying from
outside the country you will usually receive a decision within 3 weeks, and if you are applying from within the UK you will usually get a decision within 8 weeks. You may be able to pay for a faster decision. After spending 5 years on this route, you may be eligible to apply to settle permanently in the UK.


You can apply for this route both from outside and inside the UK. If applying from inside the UK, you need to ensure that you are switching from an eligible category.


You will need to have a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) for your job, which has been issued by a licenced sponsor. You will also need to prove your knowledge of the English language and demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK or that your employer has certified your maintenance. With regards to the job itself, your role should require you to perform religious duties within your sponsor’s organisation, including preaching and pastoral work. Your role should not mainly involve non-pastoral duties or administrative or clerical work.

Why KTS Legal?

At KTS Legal, we will assist you with drafting and submitting a comprehensive application that satisfies all of the immigration rules for a Minister of Religion visa.